Sunday 29 November 2009

Le tennis, encore une fois

I did not cover myself in glory at the tennis on Friday night. In fact, what I covered myself in was beer - I spilled half an expensive pint over my own lap. I still don't know quite how it happened. I got in a grump and could not cope with the damp and the stale beer smell so in the end I left after a set and a half. Had it been the Fed, it's possible I would have got over it, but Davydenko vs Soderling? I just couldn't bring myself to care.

On the upside, the view even from the cheap seats was really jolly good, though vertigo sufferers would be advised to splash out on courtside seats. It's not for the faint-hearted up there.

It has been a busy weekend of culture and social engagements. I'll write about those when I have been fortified by Shepherd's Pie.

No comments: