Friday 9 November 2012

Hopes and Dreams for Week 6

Here are the dances this week, you guys, along with my hopes, dreams and fears (quite a lot of fears):

Dani and Vincent – Tango to ‘Rumour Has It’ by Adele
If we have to have an Adele song, I can forgive this one. Should be another stellar week for Dani - very hard to bugger up a tango (that phrase just unsettled me) when Vincent is your partner. I shall be (Technical Comment Klaxon) keeping an eye on her top line - her footwork is always fab, but her shoulders make me feel uncomfortable.

Denise and James - Paso to ‘Seven Nation Army’ by The White Stripes
I know what I think. You know what I think. Let's leave it there.

Fern and Artem - Salsa to ‘You’ll Be Mine (Party Time)’ by Gloria Estefan
As long as they keep this pacy, rather than moving at the treacle pace of their Smooth and Paso, I reckon this won't be bad. I don't think it's Fern's week to go. There. I said it.

Kimberley and Pasha - Viennese Waltz to ‘A Thousand Years’ by Christina Perri
Pretty pretty Kimberley and Pasha doing a pretty Viennese waltz. It won't be showstopping but it will sure as hell be nice to look at.

Louis and Flavia - Waltz to ‘Moon River’ by Andy Williams
What a boring choice of song. Looking forward to seeing Louis doing some proper ballroom though. I bet it's terrific, with just a few uncomfortable showmance overtones...

Lisa and Robin - Foxtrot to ‘This Could Be (An Everlasting Love)’ by Natalie Cole
Great choice of song. Just enough oomph to keep things moving, but still classic enough to make Robin choreograph a proper foxtrot. Looking forward to this.

Michael and Natalie - Salsa to ‘I Want You Back’ by The Jackson 5
Oh dear. I think Michael's main hope here is that Richard is worse than him.

Nicky and Karen - Foxtrot to ‘The Best Is Yet To Come’ by Michael Buble
I wish they'd picked something a bit less predictable to dance to, because with Lisa doing a foxtrot as well, they risk being a bit pallid in comparison. Having said that, I think Nicky is better suited to ballroom than to Latin so, you know, let's see.

Richard and Erin - Charleston to ‘Pencil Full Of Lead’ by Paolo Nutini
It's a personality dance, which is the only thing that gives him a chance, but having been in the bottom two twice, I think this might be curtains. Cheerful, good fun curtains. But curtains.

Victoria and Brendan - Quickstep to ‘Luck Be A Lady’ by Frank Sinatra
I worry that this will be another week of her concentrating so hard on her footwork that she fails to perform, and then forgets her footwork anyway. Might be a bottom two for Victoria this week, as long as Michael escapes total meltdown. About time too, some would say. And by "some", I think you all know that I am talking about me.

So there we have it. I would like Victoria to go, but I feel it will be Richard. And that's all, she wrote.


No comments: